CPU OPERATING AT 100 C!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, while compressed airs good... It can also add to the problem by packing in the crud. You might need to clean inbetween the metal fins under the fan.

Thermal paste is a paste that you sorta stick the fan to the actual cpu. Its used to take heat from the cpu to the fan metal fins.

Packard Bell is the Manufacturer not the model number. I'm looking on YouTube for a video that will show you how to clean and reapply the thermal paste. Here's one that shows how to do it for both Intel and AMD based PC's. But if your PC is an older model it may vary slightly.

Oh in that case, it's an Intel.

Oh that does look very complicated for me...I guess I have no other choice.

1) How will re-applying the thermal paste to the fan redude the heat of the video/graphics card?

2) What is the next step if If the thermal paste doesn't work?

3) What is the average price of thermal paste?

You may have to do the same thing for the video card, but it will be even more complicated.

Do you know what kind of video card you have?

Here is a utility that will tell us about your video card. It will also tell us about your cards temperatures, if your card has sensors.

GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

But your cpu is also running hot so you should replace the thermal paste for it while were working on it.

Do you have a decent camera? Can you take a pic of the inside of your PC so we can see the video card. Then I'll try to find a video that matches your video card.

Oh that does look very complicated for me...I guess I have no other choice.

1) How will re-applying the thermal paste to the fan redude the heat of the video/graphics card?

2) What is the next step if If the thermal paste doesn't work?

3) What is the average price of thermal paste?

1)When the paste gets old, it no longer allows the heat to flow from the top of the cpu, across the tiny gap of air between the cpu and fan setup.

Its not quite as hard as you think, and takes bout 1/2hr.

2) not sure yet

3) 4.99 and it'll do like 3 or 4 trys.

I've reapplied the thermal compound to my CPU. I booted the computer up once I re-connected everything but the temperatures we still the same.

Like I've already mentioned the CPU and FAN areas seem to be cool but the video card is still very hot.

I've stuck. Is the CPU using the temparature of the video card or something? The CPU can't be overheating if I just reapplied a new fresh layer of thermal compound to it!

Could try putting in another powerful case fan to see it helps. Relatively cheap anyways. Or heck open the case and run it with a fan blowing directly at it.
Better cpu heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom