Corrupt Clipboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
So I was copying some files from a temporary database (Excel 2007) into our master database (Access 2007) and ran into an issue. Every time i went to paste I got an error from MS saying the clipboard has been corrputed or damaged, and my data has been lost.

I tried multiple files, i even tried one line at a time and couldn't copy and paste any of the information. Now my clipboard still works as I copy and paste stuff all the time between programs but for some reason i've gotten this error.

It JUST started happening about a week ago, and I ignored it thinking it was just a bad file, but it happen again. Then I went to another computer running MS office 2003 and was able to copy and paste just fine.

I ran the diagnostics in both Excel and Access and it they said one error was fixed, but i'm still getting the same error message.

Any thoughts?

I would have to agree. Maybe try to repair the Office install. Also have you tried to just copy the contents to a notepad to see if it is just a copy/paste error among the programs?

I dont' believe you have to use the CD, i've repaired the installation through the office menu (similar to the 2003 one but a bit more detailed, it checks hard drive and memory errors as well) and that didn't work.

It isn't the actualy clipboard, like I said i can copy through other programs as well, just Excel and Access won't communicated VIA the clipboard. And it doesn't matter how much data we are talking about - i tried one record that was about 5 characters and it still didn't work.

Not that I'm a pro or anything, and this may sound like a dumb suggestion but, have you tried copying the Excel to say, a Word doc and from there copying to Access?

Interesting. So Excel to Access isnt working. Now have you tried like Excel to Word ot notepad then to Access? Cause if that works you might have found a bug to report to Microsoft. Just need to know if it has a workaround.

Excel to Word works, Word to Excel, Excel to other programs like Outlook, SPSS, etc but Excel to Acces does not work. I've even tried creating a new table thinking maybe this one was corrupt (although doubtful since i was able to copy the information from another computer).

Give me your email and i'll send you the screen shots.

Will PM it to you and will report it to Microsoft and see if there is something as far as a solution.

I have had the same problem. what a nuisance!

RESOLUTION: I went in and activated the windows clipboard in both applications, then used the windows clipboard paste command, and voila, the text pasted from excel into access.
:)

I also have the same problem which has just started in the past week (It may have been 4 weeks or so since I actually successfully used the procedure).

I use Windows Vista Ultimate and Microsoft Office 2007. I have in the past copied Excel rows and then pasted them into Access. Now I am getting a corrupt clipboard error message.

I have confirmed that the procedure works on another computer running XP and office 2007 with the same files. I can also append the Excel file to the Access file successfully.

You reported activating clipboard in Access and Excel solved the problem. How do you do that?

Thanks
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom