Constant Crashes [Vista]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRQL = Interrupt Request Level

It is the way components are given priority. This is a driver issue. As i had previously stated. Since it is a laptop there has to be drivers for it. Have you isntalled hte chipset drivers?

IT got that way cause it is being over worked. And not cooled.

IRQL = Interrupt Request Level

It is the way components are given priority. This is a driver issue. As i had previously stated. Since it is a laptop there has to be drivers for it. Have you isntalled hte chipset drivers?

IT got that way cause it is being over worked. And not cooled.

Ok, ill try to get a cooling pad to bring down the heat.
But I thought you said overheating was the probelm, so what do drivers have to do with it?
Or are drivers and overheating both contributing to crashes?
I dont know if i have installed the chipset drivers. How can i tell?

It is a mix of both.

One can be causing the other.

The overheating can be causing the driver to conflict. You would know cause you have to install them separately from all the others. Since you are asking about them you didnt install them.

Ill take care of the cooling pad first, and then if I have any more crashes, Ill know the driver could be causing it on its own.

What are chipset drivers and what do I need them for? :confused:

Chipset drivers are exactly that. They update the chipset to work more efficiently with the OS. They also update things like USB devices beyond the default Windows drivers.

Use Google. The answers are there.

Any cooling pad will do as long as it cools off your laptop. The longer you run it with it being so hot the shorter life span it will have. I really, really, REALLY advise you to stop using it at that temp. You will ahve a dead CPU in a year with temps like that. I dont think you want a dead laptop after such a short period of time.

Use Google. The answers are there.

Any cooling pad will do as long as it cools off your laptop. The longer you run it with it being so hot the shorter life span it will have. I really, really, REALLY advise you to stop using it at that temp. You will ahve a dead CPU in a year with temps like that. I dont think you want a dead laptop after such a short period of time.

I need to get one soon.
I was sitting it on top of a pillow in my lap, blocking the fan.
So, i put on a book instead and instead of being in the 160-190 range, its brought itself down to 142-145.
The touchpad is starting to burn my fingers alot too.

I found out, basically, what a chipset is.
Ive never heard of chipset drivers before.
Are they important?
Whats the difference if i dont install them?
If they are important, why havent they been preinstalled on my laptop?
Why did you reccommended them to me; what do they have to do with crashes?
sorry for all the questions, i just want to be informed. :)

If you found out then you would know.

A chipset is what drives the mother board. There is a north bridge and south bridge chipset on each mother board.

The chipset drivers update the OS to work with those chipsets more efficently.

The reason why they do not come preinstalled is because you bought a machine that was made on a assembly line and the OS was installed that way. They just throw generic stuff on there and do not bother with things like the chipset driver cause it is extra work for them.

If you do not install them then the OS does not work efficently with the chipset and sometimes things like your USB devices can fail cause the chipset controls the USB devices cause those are right on teh mother board.

So that makes them inportant.

I recommend them cause it is ALWAYS, yes ALWAYS, necessary to have the most current drivers and updates on your PC. The crashes are caused by drivers. These are DRIVERS hence why you could possibly be getting crashes. If you install them and they stop that was what was causing the conflict. IF they do not there is some other driver causing the conflict. This is part of the elimination process to find out what IS causing the problem. Have to start somehwere right?

Now i know all this info is availabe via google. Cause i have found it via google myself. That is why i said to use google. I dont mind questions but when i know that the answers are there and i have already said to find the info out i really hate being asked yet again.

I do not mind giving information but the web is full of more information than me. You have to do some research on your own to learn this stuff. I cant give you every answer every time. Cause i dont have every answer myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom