Computer Power Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag1304

Beta member
Hey guys, I'm having a problem whenever i double click a folder where i save recently downloaded files my computer just automatically cuts power off. It's really weird, it also happens when i X Internet explorer. It won't even shut down correctly, the computer just cuts power completely and then restarts.

It's funny because it doesn't do it when I X firefox and it also doesn't do it when i double click on older folders. Really weird. Have any of you guys run into this or now how to prevent this from happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Is your download files on a different drive than your OS? Have you checked your power comsumption compared to your Power Supply using a online Power Calculator?

Have you checked to make sure it isnt over heating?

I do have an external hard drive but it seems to happen when i open folders on my g drive as well. It only happens when i click on folders that have been recently created or folders where newly downloaded files are located. That and when i attempt to close Internest explorer. I really have no clue? Thanks again for attempting to help... i really appreciate it!

I would run check disk on the drives where this problem is being presented. Right click the Drive in Computer and select Tools. There run the Error Checking and do a full scan with trying to fix the issues. Most likely will have to be done on a restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom