Can't access owner folders/documents but other folders in master HD! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
I have a Seagate Internal HD where i have "windows xp" installed that isn't working properly due to shock however i can still turn it on but it only shows up a blank black screen and doesn't go no where. So i had to put it in an external enclosure with my other "windows xp" PC . Doing that I can access folders like "programs" and "windows" and "guest documents" however what i cannot do is try to go inside the owner/admistrator folder because i get the message "access denied- this folder is unaccessible". When i go to "properities" it says it has 0 bytes however when i click on the "hard drive icon" itself it says it does have almost all the 120 GB I have saved on the administrators account. I already tried running it on safe mode but it just restarts over and over and doesn't go through.

So please tell me how can I possibly recover files (only want to recover few very important documents only) where windows is installed and I am not getting premission to check the "owner/adminstrators" folder and documents.

Okay 2 questions.

Why did you quote your "Windows XP" as being the OS installed? Are you trying to hint at something?

What do you mean by shock? Like dropped the drive, submerged it in water, shock being the previous owner account name?

Okay 2 questions.

Why did you quote your "Windows XP" as being the OS installed? Are you trying to hint at something?

What do you mean by shock? Like dropped the drive, submerged it in water, shock being the previous owner account name?

1. both pc are win xp so that is why i wrote that

2. carelessly used a hammer to take out a wood block from a tv desk to make it into pc desk with the pc still on the tv desk (took me few min. to do it)

With the 2nd bit of information that you listed above I will say that the drive is most likely buggerd.

I am glad I am not the only person here that is having the same problem today.

Thankfully I managed to get the hard drive to finally boot up in safe mode where i have quickly removed the password.

how can i possibly know it is really buggerd and how do i fix it?

Past experence, hard drives do not like hard sharp vibrations like the type generated when you hit a table with a hammer that the computer happens to be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom