cannot go to microsoft sites...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rneedham

Beta member
I bought this pc and i cannot go to any microsoft websites. I have tried numerous things to no avail plus i have had other people look at it and they had no luck..can anyone help??

Usually means a virus. If you wan't get to Microsoft.com or places like malwarebytes.org usually a virus is the cause if you can get to other sites fine.

Get into safemode with networking and run a malwarebytes scan from there.

When you say you bought it, where did you buy it and from whom? That is vital information.

I was eluding to that fact. I waited till i got a response saying that it was an individual that the PC was bought from. In this case it certainly sounds that the version of Windows that was installed is not Genuine and is in fact a pirated version. It sounds as if they modified some files to prevent you from going to Microsoft sites so that they dont try to do updates and see that the version is not valid and you get prompted with that lovely response "You maybe a victim of piracy".

I would confront the person and get the facts. Cause they modified the system to prevent you from going to these sites for a reason.

i have tried to check my copy but it wont even let me go to the page to do that. and if that is the case then what are my options?

My opinion is you need to take it back to the individual you bought it from and get your money back, or require him to fix the hacked / pirated / broken system he sold you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom