Can I use Windows Vista Ultimate NFR twice if I first remove it from my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again all!

Last year I went to one of Microsoft's Vista Conferences and afterwards they handed out free copies of Windows Vista Ultimate w SP1 as a Promotional Kit.

I registered it first using the unique PIN code they gave me. Next they sent me a genuine product key.

I would like to change out my CPU and Motherboard. Hence, I must reinstall Windows.

Do you think Microsoft will allow me to do this if I first completely remove the existing OS by reformatting my HD?

Does anyone have a phone number or email address with which I can write to Microsoft and ask?

This copy of Windows Vista Ultimate is part of their Promotional Kit and is clearly stamped Not For Resale.

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Soar

Yes. It should work fine as long as you still have your product key. if it doesn't reactivate right away, most you'd have to do is call M$ and reactivate; just tell 'em you reformatted your HDD and reinstalled it.

Yes. It should work fine as long as you still have your product key. if it doesn't reactivate right away, most you'd have to do is call M$ and reactivate; just tell 'em you reformatted your HDD and reinstalled it.

CarnageX,

Thanks again for your help! Can you help me find their phone number or email address for this specific issue?

Soar

It would give you the phone number in the activation window if it fails to reactivate. That's what it does for XP, anyway. Should be the same for Vista.

It would give you the phone number in the activation window if it fails to reactivate. That's what it does for XP, anyway. Should be the same for Vista.

Ok, cool!

I will watch for it when I do the reinstall! Someone also told me it will give me a choice of either 32 bit or 64 bit...I really look forward to trying the 64 bit for the first time.

Have a good one CarnageX!

Soar

Again technically you could not do it. Being a promotional kit and all. It depends on if the serial they gave you was a OEM or Retail Serial. But according to their TOS and EULA you can not use it again. Since that is technically a new PC you would have to buy a new copy.

This is exactly what i stated in your other topic which is exactly like this.

Closed this one. Same subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom