Caller ID for PC software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

In Runtime
Is there any software that will allow a window or whatever to pop up on my PC and tell me who is calling? If so, can you point me to its web site. Hopefully someone who uses one will respond as well.

thx

The computer would need to be connected to the phone line in order to display caller information. That requires a dial-up modem.

Or are you using some type of VOIP system? If so, which one?

The computer would need to be connected to the phone line in order to display caller information. That requires a dial-up modem.

Or are you using some type of VOIP system? If so, which one?

Exactly. You cant have a CallerID on your PC if you dont have a phone line hooked up. How would the PC ever know if there was a call?

I installed the software. This is my set up "I have vonage that I use for my phone service. I would like to have my incoming calls displayed on my PC when I get a call. I have my incoming phone line plugged into my modem and then my modem hooked up to my router and network cables running from there to my PC's."

Currently the application came back saying "no modem found". Will phonetray free work with this setup? If yes, what do I need to do to so it finds my modem? Please let me know. Do I need to register it or something? I am using the free version.

I have Vonage, and I don't know of any such application. It's VOIP technology, but the phones still connect with RJ11 cabling.

Mak,

Someone told me the following about a VoIP program called phonetray free:

"Q. Does PhoneTray work with Vonage or other VoIP service?

A. PhoneTray Free works with VoIP line as with any other phone line. You will need to connect your VoIP line to your regular (dial-up) modem. You will need a regular (dial-up) modem connected to your phone line in addition to DSL/Cable modem in order to use PhoneTray. Most computers have internal dial-up modems, look for a phone line jack on the back of your computer. If you have dial-up modem, connect it to the Vonage phone line. You will be able use your DSL/Cable modem for internet as you do now, and PhoneTray will be able to process incoming phone calls using dial-up modem."

Is this true about most VoIP programs or just some? I wouldn't think you would need a dial-up modem and a DSL modem.

thoughts?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom