c/dos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea some companies tell the engineers to keep things a mysterious as possible, when I fix some ones computer an I am doing it in front of them I try to keep them informed what I am doing even if i have to dumb it down or relate it to something else I get them to at least grasp what an why I am doing it.

Your best bet is to learn to fix problems yourself to be honest, you would be surprised how much work that is charged at a stupid rate for something that will only take 10 min. I was in one shop waiting for a case to be brought down that I just bought and some woman came in with a laptop an said "I forgot my password" the guy behind the counter said sure we can fix that £100, my case got dropped off an I walked out waited for the woman an told her she is getting ripped off, she whent back in got her laptop and brought it back out right then an there I did the F8 log in as admin trick an reset it then an there for her.

Awwww :) Talk about the "warm and fuzzies". It's great to see another person represent quality and just straight respect over quantity and/or "the dollar"

Hey she has turned into one of my best customers from that, every computer problem she has I get a call and earn myself some nice ready cash an if i have to do it in her house I normaly get a kick *** sandwich and a cup of tea or a beer or 6 when her husband is home. He owns a garrarge and has about 6 terminals and 1 server plus the web server got a contract of him as well I get my car fixed cheep as well from him.

Not being a jerk and doing things like that pays off.

Nice :) Yup, sure does. The bar that I lived above for years was my favorite client ... sometimes stressful when they called me down there and they were slammed... but during the downtime when we were upgrading to flat screens, POS versions, network backbone, wi-fi and things like that... I was drinking great free beer and eating great free food. The times I didn't, the owner would say "How much do I owe you?" and I would always say "I don't know... around $50 or so". He would laugh and say, stop being so nice and then offer the $50 and free beer and food for the next few nights I came down there.

Yea I like helping out in bars, there is one I used to drink in where the door man wasn't reliable he used to show up 2 /3 hours late an because I have a SIA badge (needed to do door work in the UK) I used to fill in for him the owner used to give me a fair bit of cash and a load of free drinks an pig snacks even offered me a job turned him down though didn't want to be a doorman full time don't mind the odd shift or covering for the shrub who always took the michel.
The only down side to rob (the owner) was I drank him dry on Frambosa most nights, if you ever get a chance give that beer a try it's damned addictive.

yip thats what i want to do, have you got a site where i could learn how to fix things myself,good on you saxon,i hate people taking advantage of people who dont know what they are doing,they should be charged by law,or does this site teach you,will have a look around this one to see,thanks for all your help,but that is still bugging me what he did,i wont give up till i find out.

Well your first port of call is TF here you can see how many problems get solved a day, after that it's down to self education. I would start buy going out and getting a book one of the introductions to the A+ cert will give you so much info it would make your head spin.

It is for many people, friendly atmosphere knowledgeable regulars for the most part etc it makes for a great learning environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom