BSOD in Win7 when waking from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
This is on a Toshibe Satellite L305D-S5895. I wiped the drive and installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it for a customer. It is now BSODing when coming out of sleep mode.

From what I can find in the event logs it is getting a 0x00000019 BAD_POOL-HEADER. I did some searching but most of the "advice" I found was garbage.

Scanning the system files found nothing and I am running CHKDSK /R now.

I am adding a link to the memdump. It's the last one so I am not sure what the cause of that crash was.
http://www.filedropper.com/memory_1
- ignore this... wrong thing.

Never heard of a Toshibe. :lol:

Might want to try [FONT=&quot]sfc /scannow[/FONT], too.

Make sure all drivers are up to date, too.

sfc /scannow = checking system files.

chkdsk found no problems.

I went through Device Manager and checked/updated every single piece of hardware. I did find two updates that way.

I currently have it sitting idle so it will go to sleep. I will then bring it back up and see what it does.

EDIT:

It woke up fine and ran for a bit, but then BSOD'd again.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFFA800260D000
BCP3: FFFFFA800260D600
BCP4: 0000000004600000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

minidump
sysdata

Okay from what I see from the minidump is that this is being caused by the Windows Kernel. That is not a good sign at all. Sounds like the Windows install is buggered. How did you format the drive when you installed? Did you use GParted or the built in formatting tool? Aside from that you got all the drivers from Toshiba's site right? Cause they say that this can be caused by drivers, so if you did get the drivers; do you know if they replaced any drivers that were previously installed with Windows? Maybe one of the Toshiba drivers is causing this and doing a simple rollback of the driver will fix the issue.

Bug check on this specific error

From what I see on this error the code that it calls for sounds like it could be bad RAM as well. Anyway to get them to run MemTest or the built in Memory Tester with Win7? This is the code specific to your error:

0x2
The pool entry being checked
The size of the pool block
The special pool pattern check failed.
(The owner has likely corrupted the pool block.)

From what that says, it certainly sounds like a RAM issue.

That was sort of what I had figured as well. I will have him bring the laptop back in to me Thursday so I can run Memtest on it.

EDIT: I used GParted to wipe and format the drive BTW.

Memtest came up completely clean.

I am going to try doing an in-place upgrade with Windows 7 once I backup his files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom