BSOD whilst playing FEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, yeah, I understand. You're taking shots in the dark, but so am I since I don't know why it's doing it either... We shall see tonight to see if it works well.

Well, still no go... Barely lasts 15 min... Took it down to stock 650/950, and it still did it. Turned off dual monitors whilst at stock: still did it. And just this last time forced to do a system restore to a day ago, because it messed some other stuff up... *sigh* getting quite irritating..

Well sadly i can not find any info on this. There is no forum postings of these issues or anything where the drivers are to say if FEAR is know for having known issues with the drivers.

The only thing i do know is that you must be using the most recent Beta Drivers as they only have the 169.25 drivers on the site for download.

Well sadly i can not find any info on this. There is no forum postings of these issues or anything where the drivers are to say if FEAR is know for having known issues with the drivers.

The only thing i do know is that you must be using the most recent Beta Drivers as they only have the 169.25 drivers on the site for download.

Yeah, Google was the first thing I tried...couldn't find anything myself, either.

Was happening with those drivers though, as well. Has been doing it with earlier drivers =\. So that's why I decided to update to the newest drivers.

Also, after I did the system restore.. it made duplicate files...is it ok to delete those or should I leave them? Like, there's duplicate files for my video card drivers.

Thanks Mak...I'll give that ago. Beginning to be quite a pain in the arse -.- lol.

Well my thoughts is that the old drivers are somehow effecting the Beta drivers. I know that it is alway recommended to remove the old drivers to prevent conflict. At elast this way if you go this route you can say for sure it is a driver issue.

Ok, well I went through DCP, and reinstalled my drivers. Had to reactivate Windows for some reason though, which seems odd to me, since all I did was uninstall/reinstall my GPU lol. I may just try out my artifact test in ATiTool...if that passes, I'll try out FEAR I suppose. Hopefully it works -.-

Thanks for all the help btw, Mak, I appreciate it.

Not a problem Carnage. My pleasure.

I hope it works. It would suck if it didnt....

Well, that sucks.

Ran ATiTool artifacting for about 20 minutes straight. No errors. Played FEAR for about 25-30 minutes...and 3 minutes till the end of a match *bam* artifacting/froze. I wonder if reducing the quality of the actual game will help... *sigh* I'm starting to get desperate >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom