Bsod -need Reboot Help To Save Files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ_Wigg

Beta member
When my computer tries to boot it get a quick flash bsod that I can't actually see, then goes back to try to reboot again and again. I tried putting in a recovery disk hitting R because I don't want to wipe my computer. I can see all the files thru the c prompt but can't access anything.
just looking in the dir I can see a large windows update in the wee hours then all the main sys files were changed (sys, sec, sam, def etc)
I found one site that suggested renaming these files and copying the files from the recovery disk to the computer. but I can't rename, I can't create, I can't even access the cd-rom drive once I am in that "r" mode.

IT's so frustrating to see all my files and know that they are there. I am pretty confident I could just wipe and start over but if there is any chance to save my stuff....

help!

okay i have had this problem on a job, all you have to do is in the window where it you pressed R, press enter instead then it will give you another option either press enter again to format the patation or presss R to repair the partation. PRESS ARE TO repair it will repair system files and the screen does come up like it is reformatted like select language n keyboard language but dont worry it works. I never lost any files on the pc i did it on. Pm me if you want more help!:) i'm 100% postive on it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom