Boot help

goo09

Beta member
Hello
yesterday i tried to format my hdd, as i had a version of windows in my pc i tried putting it in my usb and booting from it and formating in the way,but i didn't burn windows in the usb or anything just putted it in it (yea newby here) so after i go to BIOS get my boot order 1- USB/Cd 2- hard drive i try boot it but i get "bootmgr missing" so i think there is a problem with usb got it out and put my boot orden back to normal, but when i try to boot it i got the same problems again (no usb in the port). I google around and find a program called wondershare liveboot that says fix that issue, i used the options "boot file recovery" and "boot sector recovery" that says to address the issue then try booting but now i got " invalid partition table", i keep googling, tried burning windows into the usb, didn't work, tried burning ubuntu into usb and got "disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter" so i take out the usb and try boot without it and got the same problem. I don't know what else to do really, any help would be very apreceited.

Microsoft Store Online

That is the tool you need to get Windows onto a USB. But you will need an ISO of the disk in order to do it properly. To format the hard drive and make it raw ready for install I would highly suggest GParted.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/gparted-usage-tutorial-224994/

With this you download the ISO and burn it, I would suggest Active @ISO:

Burning ISO Images with Active ISO Burner - Guides - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Burn it as slow as possible. The slower the better to make sure it work. Then boot to it, format the hard drive to NTFS and after that use your new USB to install Windows.

Hey man thanks for the help, when using Gparted it says my HDD is unallocated and don´t let me do anything with it how can i fix that? (thanks in advance you are helping me a lot here)

If it is unallocated, create a new partition on the drive the size you want and from there format it to NTFS.

Not a problem. Glad we could help. If you have any other questions or issues please do not hesitate to ask.

Back
Top Bottom