Blue screen..help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Sorry if this is the wrong section but I think last time I asked for blue screen related advice along time ago it was moved from hardware to OS sub-forum.

Right well a few days ago my computer only half powered up. Fans were spinning but monitor was on stand-by. I turned it off and turned it on again, got a screen about Intel overclock FAILED. I had my Q6600 at 3ghz and it's been like that for months stable, but what ever so i restores the FSB to 266.

It was ok after that ALTHOUGH the half power up problem sometimes persists and i have to turn it on again.

But today I was playing a game, it played fine yesterday, and the computer locked up and i got a blue screen. The computer didn't leave the bluescreen which I thought it normally did do, i haven't disabled re-starting after a bluescreen.

Anyway here is some info which came up:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002064DD0
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I have a minidump file but notepad or word wont let me open it.. can i send the file to someone via email or windows messenger and maybe they know how to open them, I'm sure it's obvious but I'm being dumb.

You can pm your email to someone who offers to read it for you. Unfortunately I cannot, but I would edit out your email so the web crawlers do not get it.

You can also put the dump file in a zip or RAR file and upload to either RapidShare or Megaupload as well.

Minidump files can not be read by word, notepad or any other application like that. It require a specific application along with something called symbol packs for it to work right.

Rar it up and upload it somewhere for us to take a look at it.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

If you haven't done it before you could run Memtest on the RAM but make sure you do it for at least 7 Passes.

* Also, and I hope I am not out of line making this suggesion, but the TechSpot forums have a place just for BSODs and people read them all the time. They even have an attachment button so that you can attach them in your post. It is a subforum under their Windows OS forum. Again, I hope I am not out of line.

I can read BSOD's and Minidump files. Which is why i suggested they be uploaded for me to analyze. ;)

Right ok Well some has read the minidump and it's a hardware error. ALso my my PC is totally not booting up to even the BIOS fans speed, nothing else.

Just before it went into this stage of not working at all it froze on me and a message said something about the computers totalsum not matching some other totalsum. I've been told my overclock might have messed it up and so I tried clearing CMOS by moving the jumper but it's still not booting up. I was told by someone else who owns a ASUS P5Q Pro when they had a similiar problem moving the jumper didn't work so they took out the battery and that re-set it.

So i have taken out the motherboards battery, how long should It be taken out for?

ok then thanks

If this doesn't work then should I RMA the board? Or the CPU? lol not sure what the problem is.

edit: AWW man it didn't work the fans spin but it doesn't boot up...

I'll try removing the battery and moving the jumper and leaving it all night lol

not sure what to do argh this is very frustrating

I have the same problem.
My computer decided to flip me off three times today with The Blue Screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom