Bearshare Spyware - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Bearshare Spyware

I downloaded the latest Bearshare lite and it still has spyware. Microsoft AntSpyware detected it. How can I remove this?

Old 02-06-2005, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Get rid of it. It's always going to be there.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

hmmmmm the spyware program is just programmed to see bareshare as spyware , i wouldnt worry to much about it and ignore it , if you wish to continue useing the program . Spybot doesnt pick up bearshare but i have had other programs like spyware terminator that did say bear share was spyware . Im useing bearshare lite as well , I think its fairly safe , it didnt come with all the extra crapp the other version did .

Also get a good firewall and you can block out bearshare or anything else trying to access the internet , while your not useing it and just allow it when you wish to do some downloading .
samsung 512 mb pc 3200
WD 80 gig ata100 7200 rpm
Onboard sound / realtek 5.1 based sound
7 year old cheap *** 17\" monitor but looks great , im surprised its still running , its bin through 5 computers so far.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
ID.10T

Send a message via AIM to ohGrFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ohGrFreak

spybot and adaware will remove the spyware and will still let you use bearshare.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by RangerXero

Also get a good firewall and you can block out bearshare or anything else trying to access the internet , while your not useing it and just allow it when you wish to do some downloading . [/B]

In a case like this, will Bearshare try to re-download any of it's spyware tools if you do not have the firewall in place to deny access?
I do not use Bearshare and am not sure how sneaky it may be, like some other spyware programs that never seem to go away without removal of the source files.

Just curious what you guys think
<b><a href=\"http://www.switchphase.net\" target=\"_blank\">Computer and I.T. solutions for small business</a></b><br><b><a href=\"http://www.laptoprepairdirect.com\" target=\"_blank\">Laptop Repair Direct</a></b>
Old 02-07-2005, 03:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Techie

i am a strong user in Bearshare....I have never had any probs after i removed the spyware via spybot s&d. it has a good search engine and have never gotten any damaged files or RIAA tagged media files. No, bearshare has not tried to reinstall the spyware afterward and spybot singles the individual spyware proggies and removes them which they do not have any thing to do with the way bearshare runs.....
Old 02-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie

That sounds good; thanks for the info
<b><a href=\"http://www.switchphase.net\" target=\"_blank\">Computer and I.T. solutions for small business</a></b><br><b><a href=\"http://www.laptoprepairdirect.com\" target=\"_blank\">Laptop Repair Direct</a></b>
Old 02-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to OCC Fan

what i did was just went into my C drive, found the bearshare folder, and beside the actual bearshare program, i found an icon that said "Save!".... and i just deleted that, no more spyware or adware or anything like that
Old 02-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Microsoft will always find the registery files as spyware I think

Closed Thread