The aventures of BitPim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox1cThreat

In Runtime
Catchy title eh?

Ok, Ive been encountering problems like this for a while. I have a Samsung sch-a670 flip phone which is in two peices, (the ribbons between the PCBs are severed). The main part of the phone works ok, but since the display and speaker are on the top, its un-usable.

I got a new phone on ebay which should get here by thursday, and Ive been trying to upload the phonebook onto my computer via a datacable and Bitpim.

Every so often in the past BitPim has crashed my computer. Its usually when I try to pull ringtones or pictures from the phone. However as I am tying to update my phonebok on my computer by importing the latest entries on my phone, the computer freezes, and I have to manually restart my machine.

This is annoying in general and also becuase I would like to transfer the numbers to my new phone when it gets here (same connector), so I dont have to go to verizon and get charged a 10.00 transfer fee (dont get me started I've been to 3 stored and talked to customer service, VERIZON SUCKS!!, they dont care at ALL about the customers they have, just getting the ones they dont! :mad: )

Anyways, I have the latest edition of Bitpim, and the drivers for the phone are installed. Also, Ive looked online and have not found any help. Note that the freezing is random, it might be on entry 48 or 157 or any other number when it happens.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom