(Audio\Sound) genius who solves this

Status
Not open for further replies.
try a hijack this log... oh yeah, you tried A BUNCH of codecs and you dont think its a problem. Installing many different codec packs CAN cause problems a corrupt your current codecs.
I think you need to get your money back on those ESL classes...

Anyway, Nabla, if the video works fine in another machine, then that rules out a corrupt video (which is also possible).

Assuming your DirectX is up to date (it should be!) go to RUN and open the DirectX config utility (RUN: dxdiag).

Under the SOUND tab, reduce the hardware-sound acceleration level a step or two, close, then give things a try again. (You can also play around with the Display tab settings, too, but one at a time!)

See what that does. :rolleyes: :amazed: :eek: :angry:

installing codec pack after codec pack CAN cause corruption. Trust me on that one. Also, a hijackthis log to see if anything maybe causing a resource problem. As he stated earlier he has tried several codec packs, which is not always a good idea. I do realize my reply was not very well worded, but oh well.

hi

there can be one or two more reasons ,
so u can also try this solutions :-
1.try decreasing teh ahrdware acclerations of your system
2.most probabale cause for this ..different codec versions ,
so try downlaoding GSPOT ,which detects the correct version of codecs ,
www.divx-digest.com/software/gspot.html

onlinetech

nabla said:
Hello
My problem is as follows: i have reinstalled winxp(Home Edition), i formatted my c partition and installed windows, afterwards i installed all updates and all codecs(divx xvid even codecs packs).
Since then every movie i play no matter what player, there is a gap between the audio and video. The movies are just fine they don't have a sync problem.
Furthermore, it seems to me that even in windows itself there is a problem, for example in error message i see the box and afterwards hear the beep.
Before the reinstallation there were no problems, i tried reinstalling again and nothing.
Please help me. any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

my specs
intel motherboard d865perl
nvidia geforce4 128 ddr
memory 256ddr
onboard soundcard soundmax

no one can figure it out because it's simple. it worked before and now it doesn't. I wasn't there,the system must be different than the first time. think of what's different.

OK, i have tried decreasing my hardware acceleration but it didn't help.
i ran hijackthis even though i was quit sure this is not the problem and indeed it's not.
i have GSpot and it reports that i have the right codecs, if it was a codecs problem then DVD's and windows mpeg files shouldn't have to be affected, but they do have the same problem.

what has been changed from the last time, when everything was perfect?
there were no hardware changes.
i just inserted windowsXP CD reboot the computer and i did a clean install. i installed the latest drivers(the same as before) i installed XVID and AC3filter and i played a movie and i got the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom