2 OS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guff1988

In Runtime
I had 2 OS but then i got rid of one and only have 1 now and it still asks me to choose my OS when booting. How do I make it stop asking me this. I want to get rid of this screen altogether and just have it boot the OS on my master drive automatically like it is supposed to when you only have one OS. Windows XP Pro

it was fixmbr...it said it was successful but the second os still appears there and when i try to access it it of course says it doesnt exsist...i did the fixmbr on the only compy of windows i have(i had to login to a copy) i cannot login to the copy that no longer exsists because it isnt there.

Cant anyone help me? The repair consol cant repair a copy that no longer exsists i am pretty sure its in my bios somewhere. MSIU K8t Neo 2

go to start, run, typm msconfig, press enter, go to boot.ini, click on check all boot paths, click yes or ok to remove the invalid entry and reboot and see if it goes away

or you could simply edit boot.ini (it's located at the root of C:\) and remove the line which contains a reference to the directory/OS you deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom