What is this wire called? Laptop Dv2700 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21
Default What is this wire called? Laptop Dv2700

Need to replace this wire cant for the love of god remember what its called to search for a replacement on ebay. -_-
Please help lol


Flores is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
MindoverMaster's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: /home
Posts: 12,212
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: What is this wire called? Laptop Dv2700

Looks like a LCD power cord. It's not universal, you'll have to get it from the laptop's manufacturer.

Neowin.net Steam Account
MindoverMaster is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
patonb's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In Gov't Regulated Cubical
Posts: 9,737
Default Re: What is this wire called? Laptop Dv2700

HP provides all their manuals online.

I'd grab the service manual and look it up.
Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz Gigabyte x58a-ud3r EVGA 970 SC Corsair H100 Corsair hx520 3x2gb OCZ Gold Corsair 650D
Woohoo = L5639 @3.1Ghz EVGA SR-2 gtx 260-216 Hyper 212+ Corsair 1050hx 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 Blackhawk Ulra
Alienware 18 - SLI 770M 4700mq 16Gig

patonb is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21
Default Re: What is this wire called? Laptop Dv2700

Its called a LCD Video Cable & Inverter COMBO...yeah I never would have guessed that hahahah thanks guys!
Flores is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any way to get fire wire signle to a laptop without Firewire or express card slot? coasterball4 Laptops and Notebooks 5 06-23-2011 10:12 PM
I need some Wire managment. What Wire size/kind?(Case Fans) ckop11 Overclocking and Modding 0 11-26-2010 12:19 AM
Wire..... wire.... confusing me... OnlyCurious New Systems | Building and Buying 8 08-07-2007 10:10 AM
What are they called? small256 Computer Networking and Internet Hardware 4 03-24-2006 08:49 AM
What does an empty laptop called? Bopkasen System Upgrades 4 08-25-2005 06:26 PM

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.