Weird Sleep Problem After Updating to Win10

chanchan05

In Runtime
So obviously I've tried looking for the answer to this over the net to no avail, either because it's not too common, or maybe I'm using the wrong keywords. I know about the not sleeping issue some rigs got affected with after upgrading, but if I am reading correctly, my problem is different. My laptop (an ASUS X450L) can sleep fine if I press the power button or if I close the lid. The problem is when leaving it alone. It's set to sleep after 15min of no activity, and it never does. It used to sleep just fine before update, so right now I am not sure what new process came up to keep it awake. I already had a look at this site: How to Find Out What's Keeping Your Computer from Going to Sleep, and it didn't help. It says that SideSync by Samsung is keeping my system awake, but this was a recent add-on which was installed after I noticed the problem.

As an experiment, I tried turning the screen off, with the laptop still running but with no user-opened programs running. The screen just pops back on after a few seconds, even if I did not touch the mouse or keyboard.

So basically, help in identifying the creep that keeps my rig awake.

Driver problem? Keyboard problem? I had the same problem with an ASUS of mine with a damaged keyboard.. The S key was broken, would always force the PC out of sleep mode (it runs Windows XP)

I've had issues with sleep on Windows 10 independently on my laptop and desktop, as have several people I know. I think they've made fundamental changes to how it works and it's causing issues for some people.

Any updates pending on any programs?

But yeah Windows 10 is still buggy at times... maybe report it to MS, the more reports the more theyll look into it. (you hope)

But yeah Windows 10 is still buggy at times... maybe report it to MS, the more reports the more theyll look into it. (you hope)

Well that's the whole point of their feedback app that they include with Win10 ;).

Back
Top Bottom