Reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorbubble

Baseband Member
I'm not what is happening to my computer, but it is annoying the **** out of me, so I was thinking of reformatting my HD, and reinstall everything on again. The only problem is that, since it is a laptop, would I lost most of the drivers needed for a laptop, such as the shortcut buttons attached to the casing, like volume control and the battery?

If there is no problem with that, how would I reformat my computer, when I don't have a floppy drive, since I can't reformat when I am already in my OS. Thx.

nooo, those buttons are controlled by Windows so formatting wont do anything to them, do you not have your XP disk? If not then you will not be able to do a clean install of Windows unless you pruchase one

also drivers are normally available on the manufactures web sight and also they should be on the supporting utility disk that came with the laptop.

enter your BIOS and set the cd drive to boot first, pop the disk into the drive and boot into it, from the XP setup you can format then do a clean install of Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom