problems with my laptop.. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default problems with my laptop..

First, I will start off by saying it's windows 7, it has an AMD processor, and ATI Raedon GPU.

anyhow, I updated the video card drivers on it, and proceeded to reset the laptop, and when it came back up, it went through the windows motions, and then went to a black screen.. after a few minutes, the orange light on my laptop started to blink, and i KNEW i was in trouble, so I turned it off, and attempted to turn it back on, but now NOTHING happens when i try to.. no lights, no power, nothing.. I've removed the battery and tried to turn it on with just the AC power, and still NOTHING. does anyone have any ideas? thanks!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: problems with my laptop..

Try taking the hard drive out, does it do anything? Sounds like a corrupt driver, but the fact that it is doing nothing, is a hardware problem.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread

Posting Rules