Performance notebook help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Beta member
Alright, after scouring through pages and pages of notebooks, trying to find the "perfect" one, I need a little bit of help. Here's the rundown:
I'm a musician and I'm trying to slowly build up my own studio over the next few years, starting with a suitable workstation. The primary use will be running a DAW (tentatively FL Studio) and Sibelius 7. Here are the important things I'm looking for:
-i7 processor (min 2.0 GHz)
-8 GB of RAM
-Blu-ray ROM
-17" screen
-Bluetooth
-750 GB HDD
-9 cell battery

And while this is mostly for writing, creating, recording, editing, mixing music and making loops/beats, it will also be my main computer (thus a larger screen and Blu-ray capability for watching movies).
I feel like it would be relatively easy to do this if I just built a desktop, but I'd like a laptop for its portability (I don't care if a 17" weighs a ton, I just want the option of working wherever I feel like).
How feasible would it be to, say, buy a recertified notebook from newegg and swap in the parts I need? I'm willing to spend up to 2K to make this happen, and I just can't seem to find a ready-made notebook that fits the bill.

All that you could ever change in a notebook is the RAM and HDD. Everything else has to be set as you would like. Have you tried looking at Lenovo? They have some pretty solid systems.

Also have you looked on other sites that let you choose what you want, like iBuypower?

I did look through Lenovo, but I had not seen iBuypower yet. I'm just looking through that site now, I believe this might be what I've been looking for. Thanks! The search continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom