no sleep

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i like using sleep, as i am on and off the computer all day. but for some reason, i can not find anywhere this option is available to me. the computer is a HP Compaq nc8430, that has had windows 7 professional installed onto it. is the no sleep thing part of the pro edition software? i have tried changing power plans, and going into the link to change power settings that are unavailable. but there is just nothing there. i hate waiting for the system to boot up every time i want to do a quick research or check mail.

Does it not show the sleep option at all in power options? when your in control panel > power options > there should be an option on the left saying choose when this computer sleeps?

If windows is stored on an ssd, maybe the option has been removed because sleeping/hibernating messes up the ssd.

there are no sleep options either in the first power option page, or on the "change settings not shown" area. i went into the advanced options where i did find an option for sleep. but when i checked those boxes, there is still no where to actually select when the computer sleeps. even after closing everything out, and restarting the computer. there is no where to either manually actuate sleep (like using the sleep button) or to schedule sleep. // and no, this does not have a ssd drive. just a regular mechanical hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom