Netbook or Notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where exactly you are located but I just got my dad a sweet deal on an acer laptop from staples. I don't have a link to it though since its not on their site.

It's a
Core2duo t5750
3gb ram
320gb hdd
intel gma x 3100
wireless ABG
15.4 inch screen

It also came with a printer and a nice carrying case all for 460$ canadian

So, I'm going to suggest if you have a staples near you they probably have clearance items like that you might want to check out.

I have a 15.4" Dell Precision M4300 for work. I'm constantly traveling.

It's a royal pain. I won't lie. I like it because it's my main computer, so having a CD drive is a must since, as we speak, I'm actually burning a slipstreamed copy of XP Pro for use at work.

Since I have a desktop at home with dual screen, I'd be so inclined to grab a netbook. BUT, I would get a 10 inch. I wouldn't even consider an 8.9 or a 7 inch.

So it really depends to you. If you're using it as your main computer like I'm using my Dell at work, well a notebook may be more up your alley. If you're using it to be a portable, lightweight alternative to your desktop, but not a full time replacement, kind of like how I am at home, I'd get a 10" netbook hands down.

Especially if you get a 6 cell battery with a 10" netbook. That's shmexy.

Just to let you all know, I bought the 15.4" lappy from like 3 pages ago. I got it for $530 the day before it went off of it's sale price and it is doing great so I am happy :D

Just to let you all know, I bought the 15.4" lappy from like 3 pages ago. I got it for $530 the day before it went off of it's sale price and it is doing great so I am happy :D

Good stuff, man!

I'm considering a 10" MSI right now, but I'm having a hard time justifying it when I have a 1gb RAM/30gb HDD 12" Apple iBook. All I use the iBook for is to sit in bed on AIM and listen to music... since I share the music on my LAN from my desktop it enables me to have 500gb of data on a laptop with a 30gb drive... so I have a hard time justifying a new one.

Maybe I'll just... accidentally drop it. :p

Good stuff, man!

I'm considering a 10" MSI right now, but I'm having a hard time justifying it when I have a 1gb RAM/30gb HDD 12" Apple iBook. All I use the iBook for is to sit in bed on AIM and listen to music... since I share the music on my LAN from my desktop it enables me to have 500gb of data on a laptop with a 30gb drive... so I have a hard time justifying a new one.

Maybe I'll just... accidentally drop it. :p

Lol. My girlfriend is wanting a 10" pink netbook, and her parents are paying for it since it is for school. They are asking me if it is better than what she has, which specs wise it would be the same or slightly lower than what she currently has, but it's the best price option for them. She is not the techy-type and doesn't usually care about electronics other than their color. Her old laptop is very dirty and was never maintained (with software) so it is slow, freezes all the time, etc. Just yesterday I finally got on it and cleaned up like 2GB of junk files and like 1000+ registry errors.

I have a feeling if she could get a $500 small laptop of the 12-14" variety that had a dual core CPU it would be best, but usually those are either single core CPU's or more expensive than $500.

By all means I think these laptops or netbooks should not be your main computer

jayce why is it a pain to have your notebook? Heavy?

I wouldn't mind carrying around something semi heavy if it let's me do anything I want (relatively)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom