Laptop repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Servicing a Compaq presario R3000 - i need to take the motherboard out to see if the power adapter needs to be re soldered. If not I will need to replace the board anyways.

Question is someone has already serviced this before and i've found that one of the screws has been stripped. It is the one that disconnects the monitor from the 'body' of the laptop.

Anyone have any good tips / tools / tricks to get a pain in the arse screw out of a tight area?:confused:

This one is old school but you can usually tap the screw driver with a hammer just enough to get it out one last time before replacing it with a good screw.

Do you mean like tap the top of the screw, or tap it from the side?

I used a cue tip to put some WD-40 on top of the screw and on the sides in hopes that it would loosen it up a bit.

I seriously had the entire laptop pulled apart with the exception of this one screw. And it is a major screw, which holds the entire right half of the metal MB casing. Everything else came off w/o a problem.

I even put it back together last night with the exceptoion of the top cover that sheilds the power button and screws that hold the monitor together - just so i didn't leave 30 some odd screws laying around.

I'll give that a try.

i think he meant to put the screwdriver in place..then hit the top of the screwdriver with a hammer so it digs into the screw just enough to twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom