Laptop gaming Question (Someone W/ Time + Patience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic. Ofc i would get scammed into buying a crappy laptop for alot of money lol. Live and learn i guess, im still young ill get a new, better laptop or desktop when im in college. Tbh i also bought this off of QVC. odd right? but people (friends, family) assured me this was a good deal and they said itd be great for gaming lol. But thank you for your time and patience i will definatly use these forums when i have questions.

Btw do you know of any laptops that would be good for gaming and have the same size screen mine has? screen size is pretty important to me when i game sadly enough so its a preference. my screen is 17.3 inches wide.

Why don't you just wait until you can afford the laptop? I take it you are not going to college for 2 more years at most. A lot can change in 2 years.

Is there a reason you need 17"? You know that is going to be a lug to carry around between classes? Plus all your books. I think 15.4" is just as good. I use 14.6", and I'm fine with that. Even though I have 2 x 20" and one 23" LCDs.

"Even though I have 2 x 20" and one 23" LCDs" :D. and it really doesnt need to be 17 inches exactly, but ive seen some small gaming laptops. And that link you posted before for that laptop on newegg.com, why is that so cheap? it seems i paid an outrageous price for mine lol. Also how do you feel about alienware computers?

Plus you have a good point.. as of now i lug my laptop around with a nice laptop carrying case/bag thingy but for classes i dont think thats gona work hah

It's just on sale. I don't know when you bought your laptop, but nowadays, laptops are pretty cheap, compared to the older ones. Circa 2005.

Alienware is yet another waste of your money. The only Alienware we suggest is the M11X. It has a 11" screen, but it has good components. I think it was around $700. (the alienware/dell site is down)

I used to carry around a Vostro 1500. That thing was heavy as ****. But this was back in 2007. LCD screens are a little lighter.

Yeah i had boughten mine around 2009 im pretty sure, the people assured us with all the upgrades we bought that it would be great for gaming! but what ive learned from my marketing and business classes is people will lie to you and tell you what you want to hear, (completely obvious).

I've customized my dream alienware desktop before just for fun, it was around $10,000. . . im sure they do have really really good computers for gaming but they charge so much for some colorfull outsides while you can make an ugly PoS that can run the same for half the price!

I really want to go to college for Things dealing with webpage design, like java html Php and all the computer languages. but my main thing is i want to go and learn about computers, how they work, all about the components, and how to build my own. but atm i dont know what that would be called so i could even really look into it yet

I do have a 2005 compaq presario desktop i could always fiddle with.. i have the tower sitting to the right of me and the monitor behind my laptop xD lol

i will definately check out that guide and will probably use these forums quite often, i figure if i hang around here im bound to learn somethin ^^

Thanks for all your help though im glad i found my way here

I've been here 2 years, and I'm still learning, as well as helping. Its a neverending trend. It keeps going and going....

Glad you found your new home. As I did 2 years ago. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom