Keyboard problem with mothers laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
My mother has a asus eee laptop with a celeron m at 900mhz.
Last week she needed to to do some work in her room and she asked me if she could use my usb keyboard.
I did so in windows xp pro sp3 automatically saw the keyboard and made it the default.
Ever since then whenever my mother types M it types j d types c and so on.
I installed the keyboard from device manager and rebooted the pc to see if it would help. it didn't.
How can I fix this problem with her laptops keyboard ?
She's been waiting for me to fix it, but I haven't gotten the chance to do so because I have been at my new job from 6:30am until 5:00pm. she's quite angry too about her laptop.

If anyone knows how to correct would you please tell me how ?

Interesting issue. Do all the keys do that or only a select few? U to J, I to K, etc? Any way you can do a system restore to a time before you installed that USB device?

Yeah Lex, it pretty much does that, I just went into safemode under administrator and the keyboard functions properly just fine.
I am doing a system restore from last wednesday if that doesn't fix the keyboard problem would I need to look into getting the asus drivers off the cd or just reinstall xp, mind you this laptop has no cd-rom.

Thanks Lex Luther I fixed up my problem by restoring a saved state and reinstalling the keyboard hardware one more time.
At leaset I fixed it finally if not she would have to wait until I got another day off from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom