**** I dropped my laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get a warranty?
Warranty does not cover that sort of thing. THe only way to get out of that with out paying any thing (or much) is if you purchased the goods on Lease or Finance and you selected the Insurance option which might include accidental Damage.

Hard to tell with the photos, but it looks like the screen is cracked too.

Over all, it's going to be rather expensive to repair.
You are better off seeing if your car insurance coveres items stolen from car. And then arranging some one (not you or family memeber) to do a smash'n'grab on the laptop.

I play rugby use to fingers getting popped in and out of there sockets its just all part of the game when you get upto big guy level lol.

i play rugby aswell played last season with a torn mcl... :D gotta love it il never stop. gonna play recreational next year. we migth not have a school team this year :( and its probably best, i did dislocate my knee last season; not playing tho lol. but yea, hopefully il have my surgery gona and done with and be compeltely recoverd for next year.

anyway you will probably get lucky and they will cover it.

Warranty does not cover that sort of thing. THe only way to get out of that with out paying any thing (or much) is if you purchased the goods on Lease or Finance and you selected the Insurance option which might include accidental Damage.

Hard to tell with the photos, but it looks like the screen is cracked too.

Over all, it's going to be rather expensive to repair.
You are better off seeing if your car insurance coveres items stolen from car. And then arranging some one (not you or family memeber) to do a smash'n'grab on the laptop.

No cracks in the screen. Just the hinges are broken and the screen won't turn on. Nice idea lol. Can't say I'd have even thought of it. I'm going to be sending it in as I mentioned in my other post.

heh, if they won't fix it, you won't have any choice but to fix the **** thing yourself if you look at google ebays HP's ebooks and find a replacement screen with the hinges you could make the repairs yourself.

If they don't fix it you fix it.
You can build and repair desktops right ? try your hands at laptops it's not hard to fix them if you know what to do.

heh, if they won't fix it, you won't have any choice but to fix the **** thing yourself if you look at google ebays HP's ebooks and find a replacement screen with the hinges you could make the repairs yourself.

If they don't fix it you fix it.
You can build and repair desktops right ? try your hands at laptops it's not hard to fix them if you know what to do.

True, I've taken apart my old laptop. I'm not too worried about the hinges, but I don't have a clue why the screens gone out. Maybe they can provide me with that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom