Did I make the wrong choice?

PinkMellow

Beta member
I had an HP envy m6 from 2013, but it broke. I was just going to replace it with the newer HP envy m6, with the touch screen. It costed 600 bucks (540 on sale). But the salesman convinced me to get the HP envy x360 which was normally 800 bucks because it now costed the same as the other laptop. I thought it sounded like a great deal, more expensive laptop must equal a better one, and I was getting it for a lower price so I took it.

But now I'm seeing all these bad reviews about it and wondering if I should've just stuck with the m6. I like gaming. Did I screw myself over for the gaming part? My last laptop worked so well with it and I'm going to be so mad if I was last minute screwed over by this sales guy.

The GPU in the m6 is better than the GPU in the x360.

Mostly depends on what kind of games you play, though, if it will make much of a difference.

Some benchmarks here (games are near the bottom of the page):
GPU from the M6:
AMD Radeon HD 7660G - NotebookCheck.net Tech
GPU from the x360:
Intel HD Graphics 4400 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Thanks....admittedly I don't really play games on my cpu that are very taxing graphically, but I'd like to have that capability, considering I'm going to have this laptop for a while.....it's probably too late to return it now though....sigh....will it be a huge difference in quality?

Depends on the game, but looking into the benches a little more, there isn't too much difference between the 4400 on the CPU you had and 7660G.

Yeah I'm doing more research and it says the 7660 is only slightly better. Ok. Well I guess that's not too big of a deal then. I'm definitely going to be more careful with sneaky salespeople next time though....hopefully everything else on the x360 is an improvement. The tablet part sure looks neat!

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom