Color flicker after unplugging VGA cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

questionguy

Beta member
I really hope someone can help me with this, I fear it will only be bad news though...

I recently unplugged a VGA cable when using my HD Tv as an external monitor for the laptop. After unplugging it, all of the colors are now flickering. ie) I have blue flickering over most white and red flickering over most black.

It's barely usable and it will probably give me a seizure in good time. I'm using it now by the way.

Note: I have plugged it back in to the TV and the picture there is perfect. unfortunately my monitor is damaged. Which I'm guessing means that the video card is fine but it's the screen that's now damaged.

I've shut down already, nothing is working. Suggestions? Do these things correct itself overtime?

Have you messed with any of the video settings on the monitor? Perhaps the refresh rate or some other setting is wrong since you used it on a larger monitor (tv).

Try changing up the settings like refresh rate, amount of colors and resolution to see if the issue follows every setting. If it does and you've tried other monitors and it always 'sticks' with this monitor then yes, your monitor is dieing.

Update: Screen is fried completely.

Great... now I get to spend another $1000 on a new laptop (it's only been a year and a half...) :(

Could always contact the manufacturer and see about getting a replacement. It might cost you a couple hundred dollars but it would be far less than buying a new laptop.

Monitor replacement has come down in price. 2 years ago, you where better off just purchasing new laptop. However now days, it's not a bad question to be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom