AMD APU based laptops Any good?

go with an apu then, it'd be better for you when it comes to price/performance.

Im pretty sure that toshibe I show you uses hybrid crossfire too, so it should be okay, but you'll probably only get 30fps max, gaming on a laptop unless you're playing something not at all demanding, like source engine games

so I bought this laptop HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n067ca but I have a few questions still. this thing has 2 graphics cards. A Radeon 8610G on the APU and a Radeon 8600M discrete graphics card. I was wondering if hybrid crossfire with these cards, if so how do I make that happen. The other question is: on the bottom of most laptops there is usually a windows license sticker with a serial number. However on this computer it just has a sticker that says windows 8 and no serial. So if I decide to install a fresh copy of windows on this computer and not use the recovery partition how do I get the serial number for my windows license?

The other question is: on the bottom of most laptops there is usually a windows license sticker with a serial number. However on this computer it just has a sticker that says windows 8 and no serial. So if I decide to install a fresh copy of windows on this computer and not use the recovery partition how do I get the serial number for my windows license?
Where do I find the Windows 8 product key when it was preinstalled on - Microsoft Community
Andre Da Costa replied on November 8, 2012

MVP Community Moderator MCC: Content Creator
Here are four utilities, all of which will may display your product keys if they are still there:
Belarc Advisor: Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.
(It does a good job of providing a wealth of information.)
Also: KeyFinder | Magical Jelly Bean
and: ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server
and RockXP: Download RockXP - MajorGeeks which has additional features

How to reinstall Windows 8
You have a couple options:
If you would like to reinstall Windows 8, which means removing apps and personal files and settings, you can use reset and refresh. This is equivalent to a clean install.
To do it, do the following:
· Press Windows key + i on your keyboard to show the Charms bar (If you are using a touchscreen: Touch the right edge of your screen and swipe your finger to the left)
· Click Settings
· Click Change PC settings
· Click General in the left column
· Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started
Then follow the instructions that will be provided on the screen to reinstall Windows on your PC.
Option 2:
If you create a installation DVD or Bootable thumbdrive, you can use that to reinstall Windows. First, you will need to reinstall the qualifying license, then start the upgrade again to Windows 8. Qualifying license means you will either need to reinstall Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.
Option 3:
A workaround for this situation is to create a system image of Windows 8 just after you have upgraded. So if your drive does crash, you can simply restore the image on a new hard disk or restore the image on the same drive if you just want to reinstall Windos 8.
See the following for instructions about how to create a system image of your Windows 8 installation:
How to backup your installation of Windows 7 : Notebooks.com
(references Windows 7, but the same principles apply to Windows 8).

Back
Top Bottom