Alienware 15 R2 (2018) issue.

User974301

Beta member
It seems i have an issue with my gaming laptop i cannot figure out.
Some* (emphasis on some) applications windows and their contents appear semi-blurry or slightly out of focus. Games run perfect. I do not exactly know how to go about solving this issue, I have formatted SSD, updated everything, reinstalled windows 10 twice, enabled windows 10 fix some blurry apps, GFX drivers etc. If anyone has a solution it'd be greatly appreciated.

I have the same laptop so there are a number of things you can try:

1. Change your font size for windows AND Google to a larger size; once accepted, restart the machine and see if that fixes your blurry issue. THEN change it back to it's original size you had, then restart. Sometimes Windows needs a kick start back to specs after doing updates.

2. If it's only certain apps/sites/programs, then it might just be the specs of said application. check the settings and reset to "default" so to speak. Again a kickstart is sometimes needed after updates.

3. Something very simple... Once the program is open, close the lid; wait a few seconds, then open it back up.

I know you said you reloaded the machine, but after doing so, Windows updated itself, so I'm sure there are inherent "update" issues going to happen. depending on what version it's running.

Dell isn't the best at keeping windows versions up to date especially if it's the Home version. (Windows will not inherently update to the latest and greatest until Dell says to push, due to warranty/bios issues)

If all else fails, contact support and see what they say or want to do.

Back
Top Bottom