Where Do You Buy Your Hardware From? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2005, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Question Where Do You Buy Your Hardware From?

Just wondering where you lot purchase your hardware from. I would prefer if it was just stores or online shops in the UK but others are fine.

At the moment I get mine from either www.ebuyer.com or www.overclock.co.uk. Both these shops are good but Ebuyer does tend to have a slow delivery time.

By the was, as you can tell I have just joined this forum. I was a member of Hardware Analysis but its getting very crap now with a lot of the people either repeating questions or just asking plain stupid ones. I hope this forum is a lot better and that I will become a helpful and dedicated member.

Old 01-08-2005, 05:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Sig removed due to size. Please read the rules before adding your compliant sig. SigSanta
Old 01-08-2005, 05:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

I have heard not so good things about them so I have stayed clear of them so far. My mate ordered a Maxtor harddrive from them and when it arrived it never worked. He sent it back and they said it was his fault and it had probaly been dropped. Unless I see something for a really good price then I won't be using them.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

I'm from Aussie, and I shop at these stores

personally I don't know of any UK computer store appart from overclockers though
Old 01-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Aaaah not ebuyer! I ordered from them before christmas, everything for a new system I was building. Most of it came fine, a couple of days late. However, the motherboard didn't, and I contacted them over and over again with their stupid "e-notes" system. They never replied until I sent one demanding a refund, and they replied blaming their supplier and they didn't have any in stock, despite their site showing they had 15 in stock.

Because of their poor customer support system, I will not be buying from them again. They seem not to care for their customers. I would really like a decent place to purchase "over the counter" in a real shop. Would be much better, anyone know of any in the UK?

\'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you **** well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.\'

Old 01-08-2005, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

Ebuyer are unreliable.
I order from www.overclockers.co.uk

Old 01-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Soloman02

for reviews, go to www.resellerratings.com

Desktop specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2500+@ 200x11 - EPoX 8rda3I - Thermaltake 420watt silent PSU - 2x512MB PNY PC3200(DualChannel) - TT HSF - PNY 5900SE, 128MB DDR, 256-bit - - Toshiba SD-R5002: DVD-RW - NEC DVD-RW - 2 Antec 80mm fans - 1 Delta 92mm fan - 1 Antec 120mm fan- 1 TT 120mm fan - Windows XP Pro - WD special edition 80GB 7200 RPM- Seagate 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB cache - Onboard Sound - Onboard Ethernet

Notebook specs:
ACER Travel Mmate 4000LCi - Intel Pentium M 710 - 15\" XGA TFT - 512MB DDR333 - 40 GB HD - DVD-rom/CD-RW Drive - WLAN 802.11b/g - Winxp Home - Intel Extreme Graphics - Average Battery Life: 4-5 hours - 6.4 lbs
Closed Thread