an unusual help is needed here - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default an unusual help is needed here

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I need some help with the computer. Could recommend me a program which can activate certain websites for a certain period of time. I need this limitation in order to keep my sister's time use on the computer.
Are there any similiar programs that able to activate other programs (i.e. instant message programs)? let's say they can work from 18.00 to 19.00.

Thank you.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: an unusual help is needed here

I don't think so. There isn't much of a demand for limiting program use. I think there is one for limiting account use (If you're using Windows XP and up)
What happened to Life, Liberty, and Property?

Old 11-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I know a program called "Net Nanny" limits the use hours and I am looking for a Net Nanny like program which is free.

Well, honestly, when Internet is has a bad influence on someone's behavior (and specialy when it comes to my Sister), I think limiting it is a good solution.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar

You will need to use a 3rd party software tool like netnanny to accomplish this. Windows 7 and Vista come with parental controls that can control the usage of programs and internet times.

Netnanny is a popular one. You could google it as well - there are also a ton of threads asking this same question, just search our forum.
-Vista SME
Closed Thread