Server Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Server Question

Ok, so there might already be a different thread relating to this, but I didn't have time to look it up. I just recently acquired a server with two 36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI drives. It has 2 quad-core Xeon processing blades as well. I work on computers all the time, but this is the first time I have messed around with anything relating to servers. Is this a piece of equipment worth keeping or could I make a lot of money off of it?

Ok, so I recently just acquired a server with 2 quad-core Xeon processor blades. It also contains 2 Ultra320 36.4 GB SCSI drives. I am wanting to know whether I should keep it or try and sell it. I work with computers on a daily basis, but this is the first time I have broadened my horizon to work with servers. Thanks for the replies.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: Server Question

The ultra SCSI drives - no you can't really make much money off those. As for the quad core xeon processors - yes you could sell those. Give use the exact specs and we could price them for you.
-Vista SME
Closed Thread