serious performance needed--help

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshidefire49

Beta member
ok to the point...im a design student using...ALIAS, cad, illustrator, photoshop, flash etc....basiclly a bunch of programs that create huge files and renderings that can take up to a day knock out...we have been told by the profesors to get a laptop and upon tons of research and refuralls...gaming laptops is what im told to pursue for these performance needs. i run up to 3 or four programs at once plus multiple internet windows and aim...***great screen dispaly is a must along with speed***...ill be running a tablet as well through photoshop like programs and ability to adapt to future technology would be great, size and weight is not really an issue or baterry life...what i need to know is what you all out there in the computer world suggest...ive been looking at the sager 9880 let me know what you think is good for my needs

much appreciated
drew

as for gaming notebooks go, the Dell mobile XPS gen-2 is your best bet. it uses the intel centrino, so it won't be nearly as quick as a P4, but it will run cooler and because of that, it allowed dell to overclock the GeForce Go 6800 Ultra in it. you can always upgrade the ram, and what you said you'll be doing i suggest about 1.5-2GB. if you need more CPU power, i think dell has some P4 options for their XPS's. the P4's are awesome for multitasking because of their hyper-threding. i'd stay away from the athlon 64 notebooks because once again, their multitasking performance isn't that of the pentium's, and they generally produce more heat for some reason. check out Dell's website, VoodooPC's website, and Alienware's website.

go to hp i guess that u dont have a budget so hp with the x200 and mobile centrino ill show u one to customize
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/cto/computer_customize_components.do
1 gb ram a decent speed processor definitly in the 600 series and the x600 with the max amount of memory with an 80gb 5400rpm drive and ur choice if u wanna dvd burner or just a cd burner
17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Wide Viewing (1680x1050) that screen since u wanna nice picture
the 3.2 ghz is nice that should do what u want and then some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom