Portable DVD-MP3 players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subterranean

Beta member
Hi all,
I currently own one of these portable MP3-CD players so I can fit a large number of my albums onto one CD. I have been very happy with it for over a year now but recently wondered whether there were any DVD versions available (i.e. burn even more MP3s onto a DVD-R and play them). A quick search and I found the Sony MPDAP20U, a review can be found at http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2003Sep/con20030923021241.htm

The review itself seems to give mixed feelings about the unit, such as low battery life, however the 3rd user comment down gives the impression that its not all that bad, and he quotes the battery life for playing MP3 DVDs at 20-35hours.

Does anyone own or had any experience with it and can give honest feedback on it? Also does anyone know of a similar product I could compare it with, the features IÂ’m looking for are: size of a Discman, or not much bigger, ability to play MP3 dvds, and no screen (IÂ’m not looking for a portable DVD movie player). Any other features such as being a CD burner as the Sony has would be welcomed but not required.

Thanks for the help.

uh first off i didnt see a price for it but its prolly got a helluva price tag. second, i dont see why you need 4.7 gigabytes on a dvd when you can get an old 5 gig ipod off ebay for less than $100. search ebay for ipod 5 gig and see if that changes your mind

Well, they sell for ~$120 on ebay (the Sony) and the extra functionality you get for just $20 over an ipod I felt was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom