Plz Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2003, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Plz Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I am in a huge predicament hear. I was wondering what set-up would be better. An AMD 2400+ with Corsair Xms series ram (1g)(DDR400-PC3200) and a new Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with the nforce 2 400 ultra chipset. Or a 2.6ghz Intel P4 800mhz fsb and an intel ASUS 865PE Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4/Celeron Processors, 800MHz FSB, Model "P4P800 Deluxe with 512mb of Crucial ram (pc2100)I dont know what to do. Either I upgrade around my 2400+ with Ram and a new mobo our switch Cpu's and get a new mobo and stick with my old ram.I want this comp to run strictly for gaming so whatever yall think will help out alot. I have a eVGA Geforce FX 5900 Ultra 256 meg. Would the Nforce chipset help that out also. Plz just specs guys i know yall are fans of cpus but plz just give me the facts. Thanks Zack.

Old 12-10-2003, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Everybody's got their preferences but I'd go for the P4 for the 800 FSB and their OC capabilities which AMD is removing. Then, when you can afford it, buy a couple of 3200 sticks.
ASUS make very decent boards and this one is dual DDR compliant if I'm not mistaken.
My gaming machine:

P4 2.8 GHz
2 X 512 MHz PC3200 in dual DDR mode
integrated 6.1 MAX audio
Logitech duo MX mouse and KB
Closed Thread