Play console games on computer monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddsk8er

Baseband Member
Not quite sure if this is the right forum to post this in... but here goes.

I plan on getting a new computer and last night when I was playing Halo on my xbox, I remembered (or thought) that someone had played a Final Fantasy game on their PS2, but projected it on to their monitor by using their ATI card. So I thought "Maybe I can do the same, but with Halo... AND get some 5.1 Surround sound in the process".

My question is, can I actually do it? I thought i saw someone playing their games on their monitor, but I can't confirm it. My new computer will have at LEAST a 9800xt, probably the X800xt. But, if I were to get:

Asus 9800xt XT/TVD (http://www.rage3d.com/content/reviews/video/asus9800xt/?page=2)

and a

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Could I play Halo on my monitor (possibly with higher resolution? Like HD? Can I do that?) AND have surround sound? I do have a High Def/AV pack for Xbox, so I have component video output and optical output for the audio. Since the Audigy 2 Platinum comes with an internal I/O panel with connections (Optical/Coaxial Digital Audio included) I don't see any problems with the audio portion of my little plan.

Then the 9800xt from Asus has "VIVO" and from that link above, it gives me the impression that I could watch whatever is on my tv from my computer monitor.

If this can in fact be done, can I play Halo in high definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom