No Video Signal!? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamb_of_god

Beta member
Ok...its a long story....but here it goes.........

My cousin owns a pawn shop,some guy brought in a homemade tower. Well as it turns out this tower is really nice, he made sure it worked, and it did, it just didnt have an OS. It has a Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS Pro video card in it so that struck my cousins interest. He took it home because he wanted to put the card in his pc, it wouldnt fit because its APG and his is PCI. so he went to put the Prophet back in the origional tower, and it had no video signal. So he sold the tower to me for $100 ( the store price was $699.99 ) i have the card and everything trying to fix it.........i get no video signal, it seems that everything is placed in properly and the video cable is connected correctly too. I have a video card (apg also) from an old ibm that was running Windows 98, maybe i should try that to see if i get a signal? any help would be great! sorry the story was so long! thanks in advance, Ryan

loner said:
have you checked your bios

Not with no video :p :p

You must narrow it down..Put a video card that you know works and put it into the new system. If you get video you know something is wrong with the video card or it wasnt installed properly. That will let you know where the problem lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom