I couldn't find a better place to place this in the forums so I placed it in the "everything else (hardware)" section, if an admin feels it should be moved please feel free to do so.
I am looking at purchasing a desk for myself in the near future and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. Here are some of the things I know I like or am looking for:
I really like the LAN workstations that Kendall Howard has but don't know how practical they would be for at home use. I like this but want to see other options. (http://www.electriduct.com/assets/im...%20lab%201.jpg
- I want to have 3 monitors set up that are each 21.5" mounted so I have more desk space.
- I want to have a desk that has either a U shape or the two wall corner.
- I do NOT want to have a pull out keyboard tray as I feel they remove a lot of mouse room. I have had an xtrac pad ripper which is 11" x 17" and have never been able to use the whole thing because of keyboard trays.
- I want lots of storage space and/or shelves
- I want a place to tuck my computer away that is NOT enclosed. I do not like enclosed as it causes heating problems with performance systems.
- I also want a place to fix computers which is why I want the larger desk to dedicate one segment of the desk to fixing.
- I might also be running a server from home (still not sure if I want to) and would like to leave a place for that (was thinking of putting it in the area for fixing computers).
Cost is up in the air but would like to keep everything under $5k for sure.
Anybody have pictures of their system setups to help give ideas? Anybody know of a brand/company I should be looking at?
I honestly haven't seen anything that even closely fits what I am looking for except for Kendall Howard and they are really not made for at home use...
Thanks in advance for the ideas/suggestions!