MSI Mega PC (TVPC) - Does not work. Please help!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2004, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry MSI Mega PC (TVPC) - Does not work. Please help!!

I recently purchased a MSI TVPC barebone-1 system with MS-6760 motherboard. I added the following

Processor - P4 3.06 GHz
Memory - 512MB, 333 MHz
Hard Disk and DVD writer

When I power up, the LCD back light turns on and the LCD shows some graphics. The green lignt on the Hi-Fi power button also lights up.

When I turn off the Hi-Fi and turn on PC, the green LED on the power button turns on but nothing else works. The power supply fan turns ON but the CPU fan does not. I dont see any activity on hard disk or DVD drive. Noting in the monitor either. The system is stuck in this mode and I cant power off until I pull the plug.

Can anyone please help me on this!!!

Old 12-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Hmmm, so you turn it on and get power to the system but nothing happens? Generally that's a sign of a bad CPU or bad motherboard. If you have a spare of either, all you can really do is try swapping out parts. Perhaps the motherboard is grounded to the case and shorting out.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hi There,
As u mentioned, the motherboard was bad. I got a replacement with Mega 865. This system is working ok except for one problem.

If I turn on the PC with a CD or DVD in the drive, I am able to explore the CD/DVD and able to watch movie or install application. If I replace the CD/DVD, windows is not able to read it anymore. Windows explorer hangs if I click on CD drive. It starts working again after I restart. Its like every time I chnage the CD/DVD, I need to restart the PC !!!

I have a BenQ DVD writer in the system. MSI recomends to use their own MSI optical drive for mechanical compatibility. With BenQ drive I dont see any other issues except changing disks.

Please help!

Closed Thread