Mouse cuts off intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.
ekÆsine: Dell techie just came out and installed a new mobo; still does it. She told me to do the same thing you did: install programs one by one after installing Windows. Imma give it a shot and will report back, and will report back if I ever find what proggie is causing this.

I'm... baffled.

Mouse problems occurred *immediately* after format/XP Install. So I took out all my PCI cards, replaced the video card with an old Geforce2, disconnected my CD drives and floppy drive, and tried it like that with one of my RAM chips taken out, tried this with each chip in each slot.

Same 'ol same 'ol.

The MX500 works fine in other computers, w/same mousepad. Freezes constantly on mine.

Funny thing is, I have an old PS/2 only ball mouse here I forgot about, and its working fine and not freezing here. Problem is, its a crappy 3 button uncomfortable piece of doodoo. Argh.

Absolutely baffling.

Well, after having my motherboard replaced, the three button ps/2 ball mouse hasn't given me the problem for a few months... but the problem returned today.

It's weird... each new mouse I get goes for a few months before the problem starts to occur again. Formatting/fdisking hard drive hasn't helped either.

I'm beginning to think the problem is inherent in Dimension motherboards.

what about debugging the harddrive? In the 32-bit dell diags off of your resource cd is the mouse pointer erratic also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom