motherboard types - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2004, 08:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie

This could be as simple as a HDD problem, I dont see in your novel above where you tested the HDD. All you say is you get no OS. But you do get video and the ram check completes.I would see if you can boot off a boot disk. If you can get this far it would seem prob may lie else were. Find out what brand drive you have and download the diagnostics off of the manufacturers web site and boot from it and run it , it will tell you if your drive is bad. If you have checked the HDD, please disregard.

i am no lazier now than I was forty years ago, but that is because I reached the limit forty years ago. You can\'t go beyond possibility.
- Mark Twain
Old 01-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Thanks for the advice. I have tried it with 2 different hard drives, one of them was in my other old PC as a secondary hard drive and worked there. The other hard drive I hooked up to the same machine and also seemed fine, niether one has a OS on it. One is a 6GB bigfoot and the other is a 12GB bigfoot, I don't know how good the bigfoots were but got both of them cheap and look like new yet. I was considering putting the 12GB in the other PC as the primary HD and putting windows on it, I don't know if it would help any and the drivers would be all different, Then trying it back in the PC that don't work, I guess I could change drivers if it would ever get going. I almost forgot, I have tried to start it with the boot and 98 disk in it and still the same. The lights flash on then off for a second on the floppy and CD rom like the always do when you start a PC but won't read whats in them. TomW

Drag racer and snowmobiler trying to learn computers.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Firstly .. u don't need any drivers for your hardrives ...

N' U need to change the boot sequence in the bios ..for the system to boot from the floppy drive ..

Screenshots of my Desktop.....Post ur\'s too :D

AMD AthlonXP3000+@ 2.2GHz, Cooler Master Aero 7+, Gigabyte 7NNXP , 1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200 Dual Channel , MSI FX5600 VTDR 256 ,Pinnacle PCTV , 120+120GB Barracuda , Liteon 52x CDRW , Samsung DVDROM , Benq DW1620 16x DVD ReWriter, Phillips 21\" TV,Samsung Syncmaster 763MB,Logitech Cordless MX DUO , Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Butterfly Series PSU, Win XP SP2,RH9.
Creative DDTS100 Decoder, Creative Inspire TD7700 7.1 Speakers

Search TF B4 u post { Thanks for this one! Emily :) }
<form action=\"\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Search!\"></form>
Closed Thread