Monitor Problem !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmccc

Solid State Member
Hello,
The other day when I plugged my monitor into my PC and started it up, it had a greenish tint color on the screen.
So, I turned everything off and unplugged the monitor from the wall and the back of the PC.
When I looked at the connector that plugs into the PC from the monitor, I noticed that 2 of the pins were bent. So I tried to bend them back, but that was a mistake because one of the pins snapped off!!!
So I tried to see if the monitor still works, but now the green tint is even worse on the screen.

Is there anyway to replace the pin, or replace the whole connector?

Thanks in advance!

if you know the pinout and have the tools to do it, you could strip the cable to the wire (make sure its unplugged) and reconnect with new pins. Also may wanna add ferrite beads to it.

Is there anyway to replace the whole cable?
I have an old monitor with the same kind of cable on it...

Thanks again.

well, if the cable is hard wired into the back of the monitor, the only way is through the back of the monitor which I STRONGLY suggest NOT doing (some massive voltage in there, even when not plugged in) those capacitors still hold a charge. You could wait it out and let it disipate, but its not worth possibly frying yourself over if its wired and molded into the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom