modem/router

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy101

Baseband Member
i have a Speedtouch 530 dsl modem/router and when i check what my IP address is it comes up as 10.0.0.1 which sounds a little strange 2 me. i dnt hav a clue what to do 2 get it 2 come up with my real ip address.

any help will be greatly appreciated

There should be a Status bar or a Router Status screen that shows you the external (Real IP) address and you submask, gateway, Primary and Secondary DNSs....things like that. If you can't find it from within the routers setup. Goto One Of These Web Sites and it will show you your real, external IP address. The 10.x.x.x range is a private range and isn't an external address.

Also, there is MANY programs out there that can show you your IP address, and you can actually have it pinned to the desktop. Very small downloads, look at www.samurize.com.

would the ip address i get from those web sites be the one that my freind would type in, say if we were trying to play diablo2 TCP/IP?

Those sites give you the external IP address when playing over an external network (e.g. Internet); the private address is used only if you play via LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom