Making a CD boot disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to make a CD boot disk? I'm guessing yes, but I don't have any idea how to do it. I'd like to make a CD boot disk and put a BIOS flash utility and BIOS update file on it. Any information would be appreciated.

Had a bad BIOS flash and the FDD was not setup in the BIOS before it flashed, I want to try a couple experiments.

Is it really necessary? I thought that XP could repair the OS straight from the CD, eliminating the need for a boot disk.

I had a bad BIOS flash and I can't get any video, the FDD is NOT being checked in the BIOS. I wanted to try to see if by any miracle I could run the flash utility from the CD even though I can't see what I'm typing on screen, since I have no display. I've read a couple people managed to reflash their BIOS this way via FDD, but that isn't an option for me.

You can usually eliminate this by pulling out the CMOS battery for about 5 minutes...although I dont know if it holds true for a bad FLASH it is worth a shot. I remember I had to keep doing this when I would overclock to far..lol.

check the MBD docs. Sometimes there is a bios recovery jumper (not for flashing, but actual onboard recovery). As far as CD, some have a CD iso image that you can use. Make sure you check any jumpers on the MBD, as sometimes there is a jumper that locks the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom