LCD question, please help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to realmike15
Default LCD question, please help

Just got a brand new LCD, ViewSonic VP912b. After a day i've using it I noticed that the bottom of the screen is lighter thent he top. It's not very noticable but when you look for it you can see it. I pluged it into another computer with the same results (different RGB cable too). I've tried adusting it every which way, thinkin I was just viewing it at the wrong angel, but it just doesn't seem to go away. Even while I'm typing this message, if I look careful, I can see the blue background is slightly darker on top then the bottom.

To say the leasted im p*ssed. I cant even begin to tell you how many times i've bought a quality product, to have to return it for another because it didn't work properly. I'm almost hoping someone here is gonna tell me, its just an LCD thing.

Do I return this thing? Is there anything I can do at all?

ps> adjusting picture settings on monitor doesn't seem to do anything, since it adjust the whole picture.

**edit** the other way I tested it was by lookikng at a picture of myself. I made a dupe of it, and put one on top and one on the bottom, using photoshop. The red in my cheeks is much more appearent in the top picture then the bottom. I have noticed it seems to effect colors much more then Blacks and Whites.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Well, either you've got a bad lamp, or the screen's bad, OR...yer ambient room lighting is effecting the screen (such as overhead lighting, etc).

-----------------------------------------------
Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Old 04-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Field Engineer

Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

wtf is viewsonic. research your brands before you purchase certain items.

I would call the company and set up an advanced RMA. They will send you a new one then you will send yours back in the same box. They should provide a pre paid shipping label in the box.

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Old 04-28-2005, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by SHAWN
wtf is viewsonic.
Uh, dude...ViewSonice is one of the most popular display manufacturers in the world. You can't go into ANY computer store and not see at least one ViewSonic monitor. They're as popular as SamSung, Acer, BenQ and Sony.

http://www.viewsonic.com/

realmike15, I'd suggest you contact ViewSonic about yer monitor problem. They have a great support group and I bet they can head you in the right direction or help you with an exchange.

Old 04-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by SHAWN
wtf is viewsonic. research your brands before you purchase certain items.

I would call the company and set up an advanced RMA. They will send you a new one then you will send yours back in the same box. They should provide a pre paid shipping label in the box.
without resorting to any flamming, I think your the one who needs to research brand names. if you've never heard of veiwsonic, Im not sure what rock you've been living under.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by ShoobieRat
Well, either you've got a bad lamp, or the screen's bad, OR...yer ambient room lighting is effecting the screen (such as overhead lighting, etc).
I do have over head lighting, flood lights to be specific. I turned them off but looks like I'm still getting the same effect. I assume I can rule that out?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by ShoobieRat
Uh, dude...ViewSonice is one of the most popular display manufacturers in the world. You can't go into ANY computer store and not see at least one ViewSonic monitor. They're as popular as SamSung, Acer, BenQ and Sony.

http://www.viewsonic.com/

realmike15, I'd suggest you contact ViewSonic about yer monitor problem. They have a great support group and I bet they can head you in the right direction or help you with an exchange.
ok i'm gonna check it out. thank you
Old 04-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Techie

Yeah, mike, i'd have a talk with the folks at ViewSonic. That's certainly strange, and ViewSonic has a very good reputation for making great screens. It's unfortunately you got caught with a bad one (where'd you get it from?) but I'm sure they'll help you out.

Closed Thread