Laptop Memory Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
Okay, I've got a Compaq E500 laptop, P3 500, 128 mb of RAM (SD). I bought another 128 mb of ram from newegg and I can't figure out how to install it! Through some web research I know I've got to remove the keyboard, and I figured out how to do that. But when I push the 4 tabs back and pull up on the keyboard, it's still connected to the chassis and I can't remove it completely. I suspect that it's a small, thin, brown cable holding it there, I presume it's the keyboard cable that connects to the mobo. If anyone can help me with this or give me a link to a website, I'd be very greatful as it would save me a $40 memory install. Thanks:)

PS- I can attach some pictures if need be

You are not supposed to take the keyboard out all the way. Just lean it up against the monitor. That should allow you to get to the memory slot.

most computers have an access port on the bottom to upgrade the memory - i have never seen one where you have to take the keyboard out!

CrucialLabs said:
You are not supposed to take the keyboard out all the way. Just lean it up against the monitor. That should allow you to get to the memory slot.

I know, but that cable won't let me lift up the keyboard at all. I'm going to read that .pdf and see if it's got what I need. Thanks, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom